Tuesday, July 14, 2009

He Shall See My Salvation


PSALM 91:14 “’Because on Me (Jehovah) he [the Messiah] has set love, I will deliver him, I will set him on high for he has known My name. He shall call on Me, and I will answer him; with him I (will be) in distress; I will rescue him and honor him. (With) length of days [until and at the appointed hour] I will satisfy him and will make him see My salvation.’”

Le Blanc Commentary.- “Because he has hoped in Me.” (As though the claim would be): “Whatever is to be done, whatever is to be declined, whatever is to be endured, whatever is to be chosen, You O Lord are My hope. This is the only cause of all my promises, this the sole reason of my expectation. Let another pretend to merit, let him boast that he bears the burden and heat of the day, let him say that he fasts twice on the Sabbath, let him finally glory that he is not as other men; for me it is good to cleave unto God, to place my hope in the Lord God. Let others hope in other things, one in his knowledge of letters, another in his worldly- wisdom, one in his nobility, one in his dignity, another in some other vanity, for Your sake I have made all things loss, and count them but worthless; since You, Lord, are my hope.”
ISAIAH 2:12-22 “For the day of Jehovah of hosts (will be) against all the proud and lofty ones; and against all that is lifted, and it will be abased [on the grounds that they have placed their trust in that which is deceptive and empty]; and against all the high and lifted up cedars [lofty leaders from the rich pasture land] of Lebanon [who defiantly disregard God, to place their trust in that which is false]; and against all the oaks of Bashan [emblematic of noble specimens of men- rebelling against Jehovah through self-deceit or from placing their trust in that which is false] and (the day of Jehovah of hosts will be against) all the high mountains [places of strength and trust]; and against all the lifted up hills [unlawful- illicit sites of worship]; and against every tall tower [when human aspirations of men, claiming divine entitlement go beyond the limits of the law] and against every [strongly] fortified [militaristic] wall [of protection designed to safeguard ruthless oppression]; and against all the ships of Tarshish; and against all the desirable craft.”
PSALM 48:9 “You (Jehovah) break the ships of Tarshish [regarded as the caravans that bore the merchandise of the mistress of the sea] with an east wind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment